Make your composite decking natural beauty by maintenance
To keep your composite decking look great throughout the year, just follow these ten easy care and maintenance steps:
10. Don’t use shovels/sharp edges to remove snow and ice from the composite decking.
9. Try to Place a vinyl-backed splatter guard mat underneath your grill.
8. Speedy clean up is the best way for oil and grease stains. The longer the oil or grease sits on the surface the most likely it is to soak into composite wood fibers.
7. Be careful of pressure washers when cleaning composite decking. The pressures should be less than 1,500 psi at 12” above the decking surface.
6. remove debris out of gaps between the decking boards so that rain showers can remove pollen
5. If mold is present on your composite deck, use commercial products for cleaning mold as soon as possible.
4. Clean composite decking as often as possible, twice per year is recommended.
3. Maintain composite decking deck when they are dry and clean. Dislodge accumulated dirt with a broom or by using soap, water and a scrub brush, scrubbing in the direction of the grain pattern.
2. Try to improve drainage or grade soil to eliminate standing water under the composite decking.
1. Reserve ventilation under and between decking boards, which help to prevent mold growth.
Refer to the Care & Cleaning document for more information.