Finding CPAP masks for side sleepers is a critical ingredient for lots of individuals established to use CPAP (Continual Positive Airway Strain) as a practical snooze apnea remedy. Typical CPAP masks and equipment can be particularly tricky to use if you’re employed to sleeping on your side. There are quite a few good reasons for this such as:
- Hoses not making it possible for you to lay on your side (especially those that attach to the side of the mask)
- Hose entanglement when you want to shift positions and roll from just one side to an additional
- Discomfort brought on by stress against the mask when you lay on your side
- Strain against the pillow creating the mask to buckle or move which can direct to a inadequately fitting mask and air leaks
- Straps or headgear pressing into your head for the duration of snooze which can direct to early morning problems
When individuals are unable to uncover a comfy mask, they frequently give up way too shortly and CPAP fails as a snooze apnea overcome. When this is the scenario, snooze apnea ought to be solved through other CPAP solutions these kinds of as surgical procedure, singing remedy, or oral products.
There are lots of side outcomes to wearing a mask, and the most typical CPAP mask difficulties include things like:
- Improperly fitting masks that are unpleasant to wear
- Leaking air that tends to make CPAP ineffective
- Facial irritation such as sores, bruises, and spots
- Constrictions on sleeping positions
What is the greatest cpap mask for side sleepers?
The variety and model of mask you get can make a large distinction in your skill to drop asleep on your side. Various types of masks include things like gel cushions, bubble cushions, effects absorbing cushions, gel/bubble blend cushions, and nasal pillows.
Numerous side sleepers report getting the greatest success with nasal pillow CPAP masks for the reason that they have a tendency to be lighter, much less invasive, and a lot more comfy than other varieties of masks. An instance of this type of mask is the Puritan Bennett Breeze SleepGear CPAP Mask. The hose on this mask is designed to float over the confront and back again over the head. This leaves the side of the head totally free of any intrusions that could possibly result in a problem for side sleepers.
Affect absorbing cushions like that identified on the Mirage Activa are also superior for side sleepers for the reason that they are specifically designed for lively sleepers who shift positions several situations in the course of the evening. Facet sleepers may also profit from masks like the SleepWeaver Gentle Fabric Nasal CPAP Mask. Simply because it is manufactured from fabric fairly than plastic, this mask allows for better overall flexibility and causes very little to no irritation of the skin.
Supply by Protechwood